This is a mining history museum in the buildings of the Certino sulphur mine and next to the Vittoria mineshaft. The mine closed in 1964 and it reopened as a museum in 1970, one of the first industrial heritage projects in Italy. Sulphur is an element with many industrial uses, especially to make gunpowder, matches, fertilisers and insecticides. There was mining at Perticara in the seventeenth century. The present mine was started in 1917 and reached a peak in 1938 with 1,600 employees. The attractive stone buildings include the power plant, compressor room, lamp room and workshops. There is a tall steel headframe over the 300-metre deep shaft. The displays show mineralogy and geology as well as how miners worked and a reconstruction of the underground workings.