Riga Water Supply Museum

The supply of water to the capital of Latvia has a long and interesting history. A canal was constructed to convey water from Lake Jugla in the 16th century, and in 1663 a supply system using wooden pipes was installed in the old part of the city. The first steam pumping station was built in 1863. The museum, at Adazi, 18 km N of Riga, is located in a ground water pumping station of 1904, which has twin horizontal steam engines. Its collection comprehensively illustrates all aspects of the history of water supply to Riga.

Riga Water Supply Museum
Rigas udensapgades muzejs Suknu stacija ‘Baltezers’
Ādažu pagasts
2164 Riga
+371 (0) 79 - 90127