The museum of Omega watches is part of the Cité du Temps, which is the main building of the Swatch Group. The building was designed by the Japanese architect Shigeru Ban using curvaceous timber construction in 2019. It also contains the Planet Swatch museum. The Omega museum begins with the watchmaker’s bench where Louis Brandt started his business in 1848. It shows important watches in the brand’s development and individual watches with interesting associations, such as the Omega that belonged to President Kennedy, watches that went to the moon and back with Apollo astronauts and watches used in James Bond films. The collection includes movements, clocks, instruments, tools, photographs, posters and signs shown alonside films and interactive displays. Originally created in 1983, the museum is the oldest dedicated to the history of a single watch brand. In the new building it has been comprehensively redesigned – the new display cases are linked in the form of a steel watch strap 50 metres long.