The ancient city of Toruń in central Poland is a World Heritage site. The tradition of making gingerbread there goes back a thousand years. Opened in 2015, the museum is located in the Weese gingerbread factory in the heart of the old town, a dignified three-storey brick complex begun in 1885. Jan Weese made gingerbread at Toruń from 1763 and by the nineteenth century the company was exporting worldwide. A new factory outside the town was built in 1913. The museum is operated by the district museum in collaboration with the Kopernik confectionary firm. There are interactive displays and opportunities for visitors to make gingerbread themselves. Objects have been collected for a century, including a large diversity of wooden gingerbread moulds dating from the seventeenth century to the present, an oven from the 1960s, a Zuk car used for deliveries, examples of packaging and the contents of the reconstructed factory manager’s office.