In 1889, Johann Puch began his first company in Graz. He went on to produce bicycles, motorcycles, cars and mopeds that were well-known and popular throughout Europe and beyond. The brand continued as part of the Cycleurope group and Steyr-Daimler-Puch. Proposals for a museum dedicated to the company began in the 1970s and it opened finally in 2003, when Graz was European Capital of Culture. It is housed in one of the product assembly halls of Puch’s former Einserwerk factory, which produced some 16,000 bicycles, 300 motorcycles and 300 cars. Over 2,500 exhibits and 600 different vehicles are on display, from vintage cars to sport utility vehicles, including the Puch 500 and the Puch G. A large collection of bicycles are exhibited, such as the Monza and M50. Vehicles by Magna-Steyr are also included in the collection. Historical advertising posters, photographs and documents are used to bring the company’s history to life.