Flogberget Mine

At Flogberget Mine iron ore was mined on and off from the 17th century and up until 1918. Production stopped in 1899 but resumed in 1906, and ceased altogether in 1918.The visitor mine was opened from 2002 by a voluntary association, the Flogberg Sellskapel which also arranges theatrical productions on the site. Guided tours are offered daily in summer, on Mondays for children. The cafe and small shop are open during summer, when the Flogberget society offers the occasional dramatized tour. There is also a small mining museum on site, which displays tools, geological maps and mineral specimens.

Flogberget Mine
Flogberget 1
77790 Ludvika
+46 (0) 240 - 660000

Recommended duration of visit:2 Hours
Duration of a guided tour:60 Minutes
Access for persons with disabilities:For details see website
Infrastructure for children:
Gift and book shop on site:yes

Guided tours every day form July to mid-August

  • Guided tours optional
  • Tours in other languages
  • Guided tours for children