The Energy and Technology Museum in Vilnius is housed in a former power plant launched in 1903 and shut down in 1998. The power plant was damaged during World War II but was subsequently rebuilt, and much of the original equipment can still be seen at the museum. The power plant included three turbines by AEG (1911), MAN (1913) and Brown Boveri (1925), three generators, a control panel made in Poland in 1925 (destroyed during World War II), and several boilers including one made by Babcock and Wilcox in 1925. There are also models of the Ignalina nuclear power plant and the Kruonis pumped storage plant. Other museum sections are dedicated to the history of Vilnius industry as well as hands-on exhibits for children. The museum opened in 2003.