Copper has been mined in the Radmer valley since the Bronze Age. Between 1590 and 1620 Radmer was one of the most important Alpine copper mining regions. In 1855 the mine was closed, leaving a total of 60 galleries that are mostly unknown or not accessible.
Only the Paradeisstollen with its labyrinth of adits, underground chambers and pits has been reactivated and is now open to visitors. The works to clear and secure it began in 1996 and even included the construction of a mine train for visitors known as “Austria’s smallest mine train”. A facility of the mine above ground shows objects found underground and further exhibits illustrating Radmer’s mining history.
|Recommended duration of visit:||2 Hours|
|Duration of a guided Tour:||120 Minutes|
|Access for persons with disabilities:||For details see website|
|Visitor centre on site:||yes|
|Gift and book shop on Site:||yes|
daily 9am-6pm on request
not in winter