The Aerodynamic Park is located on the campus of the Humboldt University in Berlin-Adlershof. In the 1930s, the vertical wind tunnel for spinning tests (Trudelturm), the silenced engine dynamometer and the large wind tunnel were built by the German Aviation Research Institute (Deutsche Versuchsanstalt für Luftfahrt). The nearby Johannisthal airport is known as the first motorized airfield in Germany. Since 1909, aircraft pioneers have been testing the latest innovations here. In order to minimize the risks for the pilots, new aircraft parts could be tested in the specially erected buildings of the Aerodynamic Park. Humboldt-Universität uses the well-preserved buildings for various purposes. The Society for the Preservation of Sites of German Aviation History (GBSL e.V.) offers guided tours of the Adlershof site, which, together with Johannisthal, is considered the cradle of German aviation.