In the years 1900 to 2001, rail vehicles were produced in Studénka (German: Staudingen), a town about 20 km southwest of Ostrava. The factory, founded by Adolf Schustala under the name "Staudinger Waggonfabrik AG", changed both ownership and name several times during its existence. In addition to civilian vehicles such as railcars and passenger coaches, freight and passenger wagons, some locomotives, trams and special vehicles for the mining industry and steelworks, in the first half of the 20th century military vehicles and armaments were also produced and aircraft in the second half of the 1930s. In 2001, production was moved to Ostrava.
The history of the factory as well as scale replicas of the railway vehicles it produced are on display in the Wagon Museum, which is set up on three floors in the stuccoed interiors of the Studénka castle. Other exhibition areas present the history of the development of transport from the Middle Ages through the first horse-drawn railways to the booming expansion of the railway network in Europe. The exhibition tour ends in a hall with a 6x1.5 m model railway.