Located in the heart of the west Wales countryside the National Wool Museum tells the story of the forty mills once clustered around Dre-fach Felindre. Cambrian Mills, the only mill left in the village, has remained in continuous operation since it was built in 1902. It now houses the Museum. Centuries-old techniques, forgotten skills and traditional ways of life sit alongside a thriving, working woollen mill, still producing today.
A recent £2m investment programme includes the repair of the listed mill buildings, the provision of improved visitor facilities, dedicated educational facilities and modern interpretation of the collections.