The pavilions in the Parc de Bercy near Paris were designed by the architect Louis-Ernest Lheureux (1827-98). Since 1996 they have accommodated the collections of Jean-Paul Favand which are centred on three themes and displayed in three pavilions and three private streets. The first section entitled ‘Le Théatre de Merveileux’ celebrates the elements of fantasy in theatre and includes numerous wax figures and representations of the Folies Bergères and music hall. The Musée des Art Forains is concerned with the art of Carousel Salons, travelling dance saloons and organs, roundabouts and fairground shows, and includes a gigantic Montgolfier elephant. The third section, Les Salons Venitiens, portrays a Baroque palace reflected in the Venice lagoon. The pavilions are set amongst gardens and can be used for conventions, receptions and meetings.