San Esteban de Pravia, an old fishing village, now a marina, is an enclave in which its industrial past is still present. On the shores of the Cantabrian Sea, at the mouth of the “Nalón” River which separates the village of San Juan de la Arena from San Esteban de Pravia, is a location that still bears traces of its industrial past, when the arrival of the Basque Asturian Railway transformed it into a modern town with its station, tracks, cranes and warehouses, its loading docks and hoppers… The historical headquarters dominates the wharf and the restored cranes, loading docks and a whole host of old port buildings. One of the oldest vessels in navigable condition in Spain remains attached to one of its historical wharf bollards, the 1902 tugboat known as “El Vaporín”.
|Recommended duration of visit:||1 Hours|
|Duration of a guided Tour:||30 Minutes|
|Access for persons with disabilities:||Available|
The port can be visited all day at any time