ERIH Logo
ERIH Logo
Cultural route of the Council of Europe

National Polytechnic Museum

The National Polytechnic Museum was founded in 1957 and is managed by the Academy of Sciences under the direction of the Bulgarian Ministry of Culture. It occupies a building that formerly accommodated a museum commemorating Georgi Dimitrov (1882-1949), the Communist leader and theoretician. Its principal sections relate to transport, chronology, photography and cinematography, radio and television and computers. Notable vehicles in the collection include a Ford Model A car of 1928, a Fiat 509 of 1925-29, a Czech Tatra 97 of 1936-39, and a Messerschmidt KR200 mini car of 1955-64, designed by Fritz Fend (1920-2000). There is also Hammond organ made in Bulgaria together with some notable early electronic calculators including an Elka of 1965.
 

National Polytechnic Museum
Ul Opalchenska 66
1303 Sofia
Bulgaria
+359 (0) 2831 - 3004
Homepage

Please accept cookies
in order to save sites

Back to list
Previous location