The Oberösterreichisches Landesmuseum is a very large institution whose statutes date from 1833. Since 1963 its headquarters and principal displays have been in the Schloss (castle) which dominates the city of Linz and towers above the River Danube. The south wing of the Schloss was destroyed by fire in 1800. It was entirely rebuilt in 2009 – the European Year of Culture in Linz – and its modernistic glass and steel buildings now house several sections, including the technology department which has displays illustrating the many industries of Upper Austria, including salt making, coal mining, textiles, and the manufacture of weapons, tobacco, sugar, glass, ceramics and iron artefacts. The exhibition on posts and communications include four postal carriages of the early 19th century. The museum has several outstations which illustrate the industrial heritage of the region.