The Green Museum

Auning is in east Jutland between Randers and Grenå, and the Green Museum lies 1.5 km outside the village at Gammel Estrup. It was founded in 1889 as the Dansk Landbrugmuseum (Danish Agricultural Museum) and was originally centred on the manor house at Gammel Estrup. In 2017 it was combined with with the Danish Museum for Hunting and Forestry to form the Green Museum. From 1977 a succession of new buildings was constructed including display galleries, a storehouse for exhibits, stables and greenhouses. The museum includes an agrobotanical garden, with varieties of crops that were grown in past. It has examples of 274 varieties of apples that were grown in Denmark. Old breeds of cattle, sheep, pigs and poultry are kept at the museum. The collection totals more than 70,000 artefacts, some 10,000 photographs and an extensive range of documents.

The Green Museum
Det Grønne Museum
Randersvej 4
8963 Auning
Denmark
+45 (0) 8648 - 3444
Homepage

This website uses cookies