Petroşani Mining Museum

The museum at Petrosani dates from 1961, but initially it was not strictly devoted to mining and its first temporary exhibition was devoted to the Cuban revolution. In 1966 the museum moved to its current location in a building of 1920 that was the first headquarters of the SAR Patrosani company, and concentrated on interpreting the coal mining industry of the Jiu valley that dates from the 1840s. There are displays of miners’ tools, machines used underground and on the surface, documents, and badges, as well a geological exhibits such as minerals and fossils. There is also a section devoted to numismatics.

Petroşani Mining Museum
Muzeul Mineritului
Str Nicolae Balcescu 2
332025 Petroşani
Romania
+40 (0) 254 - 541744
Homepage

This website uses cookies