The Szabadteri Naprajzi Múzeum is the most important open air museum in Hungary and extends over 47 ha. It was originally part of Museum of Ethnography, and opened in 1967, becoming an independent museum from 1972. It was originally intended to show the folk architecture of the Kisalföld and Tisza regions, but its remit was subsequently widened to include all the principal regions of Hungary. It includes spinning and weaving shops, leather workers’ premises, wind and water mills and limekilns, as well as three churches. In all there are 200 rural buildings, including small structures such as graves, well heads and shrines. There is a reconstruction of a market town square, and a railway opened in 2009. Perhaps the most important exhibit is a floating mill from Ráckeve on the Danube, 40 km south of Budapest, which dates from around 1870 and was restored in 1961-62. Such mills were once a feature of the Danube and of other major rivers in eastern Europe. The museum holds a large collection of documents, photographs and of the kinds of artefact displayed in the buildings, but it is also a place of great vitality where the first impression of many visitors is the aroma of freshly-baked pastries and bread.