The preserved railway based at Goes in Beveland currently extends 7 km south to Hoedekenskerke on the northern shore of the Wester Schelde but there are plans to restore another 4 km of track as far as Oudeland. From Hoedekenskerke visitors are able to take the ferry to Terneuzen on the opposite side of the estuary. Four of the railway’s steam locomotives were built in the 1920s, one by Orenstein & Koppel in Berlin, one by Krupp of Essen and two by La Meuse in Liege. Another is one of the 0-6-0 tank locomotives built in the United States for service in continental Europe during the Second World War. The collection of diesels includes five built in 1950 and earlier by the Dutch engineering company Werkspoor.