The museum of technology was established by a private trust in Copenhagen and moved to Helsingor in 1966, where it has been located in several premises but is now all on one site in buildings once occupied by an iron foundry. It has extensive collections on science and technology from the 18th century to the present. It has several exhibits of particular importance in the history of communications including Christian Sorensen’s typesetting machine of 1855, Maling-Hansen’s typewriter of 1867, and V Poulsen’s electromagnetic sound recorder of 1898. A pewterer’s workshop has been completely restored with its original equipment. The transport section includes Hammel’s motorcar, made in Denmark in 1888, a collection of small aircraft and an 0-4-2 tender locomotive of 1868 built in Newcastle-upon-Tyne by Robert Stephenson.