Le Moulin de Quétivel is the only working watermill on the island of Jersey. Records of a mill on site date back to 1309, though it was rebuilt several times. The present two-storey mill was constructed in the eighteenth century when it used wheat imported from eastern Europe and exported flour to the United States of America and Canada. It ceased operation in the early twentieth century and was damaged by a fire in 1969. The National Trust for Jersey restored the mill in 1979. Once a year, it grinds wheat to produce flour that is sold in the shop. An exhibition traces the history of milling on the island and displays artefacts such as millstones, a grain crusher, sack-weighing scales, a butter churner and a miniature model of a watermill. A film presentation accompanies the exhibition. Outside, the millpond and watercourses can be visited. The Trust’s Tesson Mill is a short walk away.