The Museum of Vierzon is housed in part of the former factory for the Société Française de Vierzon tractor company, which once extended for 7 hectares. It presents the story of industry and transport in the city of Vierzon in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Several industries became important in the area. There were about 10 porcelain factories at the beginning of the twentieth century, the Denbac pottery, clothing factories and two glassworks. The manufacture of agricultural machinery began in 1848. The Vierzon company was renowned until 1958 for its agricultural equipment, including traction engines, threshers and tractors. Several of these are on show. The city was an important railway hub from 1847 and the museum has an important collection begun by Raymond Laumônier about the history of railways. This includes scale models, tools, drawings and posters.