The Marina Luz flour factory is in the village of Gordoncillo, 60 km south of León, in the wide agricultural plain known as ‘Tierra de Campos’ (land of fields), which is famous for growing cereal crops. The factory was built in 1936 and rebuilt in 1944 after a fire. It worked until 1965. The small complex includes a house, mill, warehouse and vehicle sheds built of adobe, partly faced in stone, with tiled roofs. It employed around 15 people. The mill shows beautifully maintained equipment for grinding, sifting and bagging flour. Panels tell the story of the factory and the whole production process from field to kitchen. In the warehouse, ‘La Panera’, cereal was kept on the ground floor by the National Wheat Service and finished flour was held on the upper floor. The complex also has a focus on the arts with an auditorium, a gallery for changing exhibitions and sculptures outside.