The principal factory of the Alfa Romeo company is near their plant at Arese, 15 km from the centre of Milan. The company originally established a museum in 1976 but it was open only by invitation, and closed in 2011. The present museum was established in 2015 as part of a wide-ranging re-launch of the company. The buildings were designed by Benedetto Camerana (b 1963), and the collection totals more than 250 vehicles and 150 engines. About 70 cars are normally on display including the first Alfa Romeo, a 24 hp car of 1910, winners of the Mille Miglia, and Grand Prix cars that were driven by Juan Fangio (1911-96). Interactive systems enable visitors to access details of each model. The principal sections of the museum relate to the role of workers in development of Alfa Romeo cars, the aesthetics of motor car design and the concept of speed. Archive film is extensively used on screens to illustrate aspects of Alfa Romeo history. There is a test drive track alongside the museum, which is also the base of the Scuderia del Portello Alfa Romeo sports club.