The Ilgner building is the only building still standing out of Barakaldo’s entire Altos Hornos de Vizcaya (AHV) steel works complex which was used for production. It is a concrete building, both monumental and grandiose thanks to its construction materials and its plan. It was built in 1927 to house a substation with two Ilgner electrical transformers, hence its name, that were used to power a blooming lamination train.
The building was renovated to house the headquarters of the BIC Bizkaia Ezkerraldea (Centro de Desarrollo Empresarial de la Margen Izquierda S.A.).
|Access for persons with disabilities:||Available|