This railway museum is in Ryomgård, a railway town on the Aarhus-Grenå line, which opened to Ryomgård in 1876. The depot building where the museum is housed was built in around 1908 and has been renovated several times. The museum was established in 1981 and moved in 1995 from the Ryomgård railway station. A miniature model railway built by former traffic controller Willy Mylius Rosenvinge, who was the museum’s founder, displays how trains and stations across Denmark looked in the mid-twentieth century. Other features include a signal house, a Henschel VNTJ 9 steam locomotive, a tanker built in 1956 that transported alcohol and a railcar from the 1950s. A reconstructed railway station office is brought alive by mannequins, paintings, a ticket machine and a typewriter. In 2006, the museum passed to the custody of the volunteers of the Danish Railway Club.