Bodan shipyard was the largest shipyard on Lake Constance from 1919-2011. Ferries and excursion boats for Lake Constance and the large Swiss lakes were built here. An engine of the "Lodi", the largest Lake Constance ferry built here with a length of 82m, can be seen today in the former hall no 1. During the Second World War, the Wehrmacht built landing craft at the shipyard and conducted secret sonar detection experiments from here. The harbour crane in the harbour area dates from this time.
After the shipyard's insolvency, parts of the shipyard site with its distinctive crane system and the shipyard halls were listed as monuments and made accessible to the public. During the conversion of the shipyard site, especially for residential buildings and leisure use, the historical technical installations were preserved as evidence of their former use. Some new buildings have been partially integrated into the structures of the old halls. The restaurant "Werft 1919" has been integrated into one of the halls taking into account the historical building fabric. During the summer months, a regular entertainment programme is organised on a cultural stage. The former shipyard harbor now offers various water sports.
A newly constructed promenade leads visitors directly to the shore of Lake Constance and through the oldest shipyard halls. Information boards on the grounds and multimedia exhibition areas illustrate the history of the shipyard and of shipbuilding on Lake Constance.