Blennerville mill is an exceptionally tall five-storey windmill some 21.3 m high. It was built by the landowner, Sir Rowland Blennerhasset, first baronet (1741-1821) in 1800. The mill was disused by 1890 but was purchased by Tralee District Council in 1981, restored from 1984, and opened to the public in 1990. It continues to work and is the only commercially operating windmill in Ireland. The mill is a landmark where the town of Tralee meets the Dingle Peninsula, and visitors are able to climb to the top to enjoy spectacular views along the coast. An adjacent visitor centre has displays on the history of the mill, its technology and on emigration from the area after the great famine. There is also a bird-watching platform equipped with telescopes.
Blennerville was the principal place of departure for emigrants from Co Kerry during the Great Famine of 1845-48 and the home port of the barque Jeanie Johnston. The replica of the ship, which was built in the Visitor Shipyard alongside the mill and made its maiden voyage from Blennerville in 2003. She is now displayed in Dublin.
Blennerville has been linked with the centre of Tralee by a 3 km restored section of the Tralee & Dingle Railway, but the line is currently not working.