Dallas Dhu Distillery
Dallas Dhu Distillery was built in 1898, at the tail end of a major boom in the Scotch whisky demand resulting from severe damage to the French brandy production caused by Phylloxera, which had ravaged vinyards in France since the 1860s. Situated on the edge of the town of Forres, Dallas Dhu falls into the category of ‘Speyside’, the largest single-malt whisky region in Scotland.
The site is an excellent example of a modest single-malt whisky distillery and retains all its key elements, having been preserved on its closure in 1983. One of many distilleries designed by Scottish architect, Charles C Doig, all components of production survive, including its floor maltings and a drying kiln with the classic ‘pagoda’ roof (so distinctive of the whisky industry in Scotland). Other important parts of the complex include the mash house, tun room (with washbacks), the still house with its copper pot stills and spirit safe, and the filling store and warehouses for maturation.
|Recommended duration of visit:||1-2 Hours|
|Access for persons with disabilities:||For details see website|
currently the site is closed
- Tours in other languages