A beautiful stately house, spectacular gardens and parkland which includes the tramway to the Worsborough Canal Basin, and Rockley Furnace (a 1704 blast furnace latterly owned by the Castle owners). The owners were also relatives of the Wentworth Woodhouse family. Whilst they made much of their money from slavery, the house was overhauled considerably thanks to their income from at least 6 collieries they owned around the area including Darley Main, Stainborough, and Ossett. It was one of the first buildings lit by electricity from 1885, and there are displays on this being put up in the restored conservatory. In the house itself, open for tours, there are displays of miners banners from many of the local closed pits.