Vyrnwy Craft Workshops

The 48 m high stone dam that impounds Lake Vyrnwy (Llyn Efyrnwy) in the Berwyn Mountains was designed by George Deacon (1843-1909) at the starting point of a 109 km aqueduct that supplies drinking water to the city of Liverpool and was completed in 1891. The installations are in harmony with the steep and wooded slopes of the hills, and the dam is topped by a tower, appropriately in the Gothic style. Interpretation facilities around the lake are managed by the local authority, Severn Trent Water, and the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.

Vyrnwy Craft Workshops
Tourist Information Centre Unit 2
Lake Vyrnwy Oswestry
SY10 OLY Powys
United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1691 - 870346