Old Ironworks

The ironworks at Adamov 15 km N of Brno probably began operation in the 16th century, but the blast furnace that is now the centre of a conserved historic site was built in 1752, and rebuilt in the 1840s. It is a stone structure, with a restored charging that stands at the foot of a wooded slope. The Adamov works was always celebrated for its castings, particularly cannon, and its pattern shop (Kamenak) has been restored as a museum of ironmaking. In 1877 the company ceased to make iron and became purely an engineering concern, producing the first motorcar to be made in the Habsburg Empire in 1889.

Old Ironworks
Stará huť
679 04 Adamov
Czech Republic
+420 (0) 516 - 446671