Museum of Glass & Jewellery

Jablonec, known before the Second World War as Gablonz an der Neisse, is celebrated as the cradle of the Bohemian glass industry and as one of Europe’s principal centres for the manufacture of costume jewellery. Both industries developed in the eighteenth century, but were most prosperous in the second half of the nineteenth century. The town was granted full municipal status within the Habsburg Empire in 1866.


The museum has displays illustrating glass-making technology, as well as products of the region. There are extensive collections of costume jewellery, together with buttons, medals, plaques and other items made by the jewellery manufacturers. The main building, like many others in the town, is in the Art Nouveau style, but the museum’s Belveder Gallery is located in Jablonec’s oldest Baroque house.

Museum of Glass & Jewellery
Muzeum skla a bižuterie v Jablonci nad Nisou
U Musea 398/4
4601 Jablonec nad Nisou
Czech Republic
+420 (0) 483 - 369011