The brewery established at St James’s Gate in 1759 by Arthur Guinness (1725-1803) has for more than two centuries been the dominant manufacturing concern in the Irish capital. From 1799 Guinness concentrated on brewing stout that was exported, at first to England, and by 1900 to almost every country in the world. The brewery was reckoned the largest in Europe by the 1860s, and in the 1960s extended over 24 ha. The company museum is now located in a 6-storey, steel-framed hop storehouse of 1876-82. The displays are interactive, but include large copper and wooden vessels dating from the 19th century. There are exhibitions relating to the innovative advertising for which the company was celebrated, and the view of Dublin from the Gravity Bar at the top of the building is spectacular.