Gileppe dam

The Gileppe dam at the confluence of the rivers Vesdre (Weser) and Getz was built in 1867-76 to supply drinking water to Eupen, parts of the Liege region and Verviers, where the woollen industry needed a supply of lime-free water. The dam was rebuilt in 1967-71 and is now 77.6 m high and 416 m long, impounding a lake of 125 ha, topped by a 13.5 m high statue of a lion designed by Felix Bourre. Visits can survey the installations from a 77.6 m high viewing tower, or from a belvidere near the interpretation centre, and 1½ hour guided tours of the dam itself are available.

Gileppe dam
G.T.L. Group S.C.R.L
Route de la Gileppe 55A
4845 Jalhay
+32 (0) 87 - 648125