DB-Museum Koblenz

The museum of historic railway rolling stock at Koblenz is a satellite of the Transport Museum at Nuremburg which is managed by a voluntary group. It is located in a workshop of the early twentieth century that was used until 1995 for the repair of goods wagons. It was built at the time when a former freight yard was being rebuilt as the Koblenz-Lützel locomotive depot. The site lies north of the River Moselle and west of the River Rhine.

The main emphasis of the museum is on electric traction, and the collection includes examples of the classes of electric locomotive that were the mainstay of the railway system in the former Federal Republic in the decades after the Second World War, classes 103, 110, 120, 140 and 150, with some examples from before 1939 including a class 193 of 1937 and a class 116 built by Krauss in 1926. The steam and diesel locomotives are mostly small, but there is one class 01 4-6-2 express engine, and a class 218 diesel that was able to run on the tracks of neighbouring countries. Models show how the railway system worked in the age of steam. The museum organises an imaginative programme of special events, and can easily be reached by bus from Koblenz Hauptbahnhof.

DB-Museum Koblenz
BSW-Gruppe zur Erhaltung historischer Schienenfahrzuge Koblenz
Schőnborn Luster Strasse 14
56070 Koblenz
+49 (0) 2613 - 961339