Copper Visitor Mine

Copper has been mined in the Radmer valley since the Bronze Age. Between 1590 and 1620 Radmer was one of the most important Alpine copper mining regions. In 1855 the mine was closed, leaving a total of 60 galleries that are mostly unknown or not accessible.

Only the Paradeisstollen with its labyrinth of adits, underground chambers and pits has been reactivated and is now open to visitors. The works to clear and secure it began in 1996 and even included the construction of a mine train for visitors known as “Austria’s smallest mine train”. A facility of the mine above ground shows objects found underground and further exhibits illustrating Radmer’s mining history.

Copper Visitor Mine
Radmer 36
8795 Radmer
+43 (0) 3635 - 20030

Recommended duration of visit: 2 Hours
Duration of a guided Tour: 120 Minutes
Admission: Charge
Access for persons with disabilities: For details see website
Visitor centre on site: yes
Gift and book shop on Site: yes

daily 9am-6pm on request
not in winter