Ballincollig Gunpowder Mills

Gunpowder mills were established in 1794 on the banks of the River Lee at Ballincollig, 8 km west of Cork, by Charles Henry Leslie and John Travers. The company became one of the largest industrial enterprises in 19th-century Ireland, and employed more than 500 people in the 1850s. The works closed in 1903 but the extensive remains of canals, water-power systems, twelve incorporating mills and other structures are displayed in the 52 ha Ballincollig Country Park.

Ballincollig Gunpowder Mills
Ballincollig Gunpowder Mills Heritage Centre
Co Cork
+353 (0) 2187 - 4430